Monday, August 2, 2010

The Woodshed is Ready

I swept out the dead bugs and cobwebs, sprayed the geranium I brought up from Everett with deer repellant, and hooked up the computer and printer. The woodshed on San Juan Island is ready for the annual August writing intensive. I try to write a little most days year-round, but in August I write 7-10 hours a day every day and force myself through rock-walled trouble spots in my writing that have accumulated over the past year. The goal this month is drafting the last 1/3 to 1/2 of a follow-up book to The Year We Were Famous. To save myself from the weekly embarrassment of having to report no progress on this blog, I should be motivated to brainstorm my way out of dead-ends and figure out how to thread one of my secondary plots naturally throughout the last half of the book instead of dumping it into one heap in the middle. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how your writing style runs parallel to your great-aunt's journey - pure determination! Even if you're wearing out the seat of your pants rather than the soles of your shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete